In the late 1980s and early 1990s, God called Reverend Liena Apsukrapsa and her mother to establish a church within their home in the midst of political turmoil. During that time the Latvian people were breaking free from soviet chains and its oppression of faith in Latvia. The church that they established in that uncertain and dangerous time is functioning to this very day as a free standing chapel.
Now God is inviting us to expend this ministry by building a Retreat Center on that same sacred ground. Lumen Fidei is pursuing this call with fervor, and is earnestly inviting you to join in serving God’s will to build something of deep significance and everlasting value.
The new Retreat Center, in conjunction with the existing church, will provide the following:
- Days of Prayer.
- Weekend and Extended Retreats for both spiritual growth and emotional healing.
- Spiritual Direction and Pastoral Counseling.
- Training for Christian church leaders and pastors in Spiritual Direction and Soul Care.
- Restorative Retreats for missionaries in Eastern and Western Europe.
- A welcoming space for people who need a temporary stay in times of transition, such as dying, recovering from illness, leaving abusive homes, and alike.
- A place of hospitality for the general public in its search for restorative serenity and for Latvians visitng their home country.
- Community space for the existing church parish to come together for fellowship, Bible study, and other gatherings.
Three duplex cabins with 18 semi-private bedrooms, common areas, and kitchenettes will be dedicated for overnight stays.
It is here on this sacred farm, a beacon of peace and healing, where Lumen Fidei intends to carry on God’s work of transformation and healing by building a Christian Retreat Center. Please join us today and support us with a donation.
Retreat Center Project Timeline
Year One: 2020- 2021
Construction of the Retreat Support Building, which will include power plant, farm equipment storage, garage, and a gathering room for group work upstairs.
Year Two: 2021-2022
Construction of the Retreat Central Gathering Room, which will be used for lessons, lectures, and as fellowship hall for the existing church.
Year Three: 2022-2023
Construction of the three Retreat Cabins, designed as duplexes, to host a full complement of 18 retreatants.